Thank you for your interest in participating in our 5k School Share Program!
Please bookmark this page (save to your favorites) so that you can access the information that you need while you promote this event within your school.
As a reminder, your school must have a minimum of 10 students register for our event and physically come and run either the mile run or the 5k run/walk in order to qualify to start receiving credit for registrations received from your school. Your school will receive 50% of the registration costs that is coded to your school. Any staff or parents or members of your community who also register for the race will also be counted towards the total amount provided they place your school’s name on the registration form.
Hustle 5k and One Mile Registration Form 2017 (Early Bird rates are for online registrations only therefore cannot be submitted via paper)
- Write your school’s name in a black marker at the top of the registration form before making copies. It is 2 pages (page 1 front and page 2 back). All information must be completed and printed clearly in order for us to process the registration form. We have to enter the paper registrations into our online race database.
- There is a place on the online registration form for people to allocate your school to receive credit too. Online Registration: http://register.holtonhustle5k.org
- Early Bird Registration discounts are available until February 28th for online registrations only.
Hustle 5k Runner Sponsorship Pledge Form 2017 (Run-For-Free/ Fundraising)
- Students can also create an online fundraising page for their run here: http://run4free.holtonhustle5k.org.
Other forms are available (including fundraising tips) on our FORMS page.
Download our current flyer designed for you to use to market in your schools.
2017 Holton Hustle 5k School Share Prgm Flyer .doc (editable)
- Send home the flyers we provided
- Post the flyers in your school and surrounding neighborhood.
- Make bi-weekly announcements (or weekly) via phone blast, email, Facebook (or any of your social media accounts)
- Post information on your school’s website, PTA/PTSA website, Booster Club website or Athletic website
- Run a class contest on which class has 100% registration first or the most students (and staff/teacher) registered first.
- You can have a yogurt party (or pizza, ice cream party) as a prize. We do these contests and each year the PE Teacher (who serves on our committee) will do something as a prize. He is having the class with the most participation (registrations) spend the entire day with him giving the teacher essentially a comp day. We’ve done a Wii party (I allowed the PE teacher to borrow my Wii), pizza parties in the past, ice cream parties too.
- Have a Spirit Week the week of the race (May 13th). We do this… each day is a different theme (i.e. Wacky Tacky day, Hat day, etc). The Friday before is school colors day. We also have a Kid’s Dash on the Friday before Race Day where ALL the students participate and we give the fastest boy and girl per class a ribbon. This year we are also having Pep Rallies.
- Make stickers for students to wear home to remind them to register (we use sticker labels for this)
- You can let your students/staff know that we have a Run-For-Free option where the participant or team can ask people to sponsor their run. The minimum they have to raise is the cost of their registration cost to gain entry to the race (the official registration form must still be completed and signed). If they go above and beyond, they can qualify for a prize. There is a paper “pledge” form on our FORMS page you can pass out with the registration form or you can direct them to the website to set up their online page (they can do both if they want to). Event website: http://holtonhustle5k.org
- Students/Families/Staff can form teams up to 5 people per team for a good price versus paying individually for the 5k. The one mile run is only for kids ages preK-8th grade.
- Have the PE Teacher pass out the registration forms to all of the students at the end of his/her classes.
- Ask teachers to put this in their class weekly newsletters
- Ask the Principal (or whomever) to include this information in the morning announcements
It is highly recommended that someone is designated to track the registrations at your school as a backup to ensure you are properly credited.
- It may be easier for you to have teachers collect the registrations and make a list of all who’ve registered from their class to turn into you all (especially if you plan to run any class contests)
As long as your students, staff and parents put your school in the school share program section on the online registration or the school section on the paper registration, we will be able to credit your school.
Please turn in the tracking sheet via email or via mail to us by Wednesday, May 17, 2017. We must receive it by that date to give us ample time to verify registrations and submit for disbursement.
It is important that you have provided us with (1) who we are to make the check out to and (2) where to mail it to.
Download: 2017 Hustle 5k Share Program Tracking